Tuesday 21 January 2014

New Purchase from Rotor Hobby

15 February 2014

I went to buy a big bottle of kicker, 2 digital servos for the Katana's tail surfaces. Open the boxed Techone Swift kit, and ended up with a fully assembled TechOne Sbach because I was offered a good price with ESC and servos.
I flew it on Sunday, 16 February 2014.
First flight was with a 3S1300mAh 20C battery which I had used for the Katana. Only ca 3 minutes when ESC reduced the power and battery was too warm.
Second flight was with Wong's Zippy 3S1500mAh 20/25C battery. Only ca 5 minutes and battery was too warm.
Third flight was with Fred's puffed up Voltron 3S2200mAh 25C battery. Only ca 7 minutes and battery was too warm. I will have to ask him if that battery can still be used, because it was over discharged.
The model itself is capable. I will need more flights before I trim it properly. But first, I have no suitable batteries, so I can either use smaller propellers (and motor?) or buy a set (I think I will need 4 batteries) of Turnigy 3S2200mAh batteries (minimum 25C, but I think 35C or higher will be much better).

18 January 2014

Hitec Aurora 9x transmitter only
4 units Kingmax 3gm servos, listed price is 6.90 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment