Thursday 16 September 2021

Receiving a receiver today

16 September 2021 (latest)

I received the receiver. It is too small to fit in the connecting pins, the spacing looks to be around 1mm.
I wonder how to solder.
The holes are small, I don't think my wires are that small. Maybe I have to solder the wires to small diameter pins and then solder the pins to the receiver. I wonder if a staple pin is small enough to fit in the holes and if it can be soldered. 
I also remembered I have magnet wire, un-used in a coil that I purchased a long time ago. It looks like lacquered single strand copper wire, maybe I can use that?
But do I really want to cut off the servos' connectors?

10 September 2021 (earlier)

AEORC RX346/T 2.4GHz 6CH Mini RC Receiver with Telemetry Integrates 2CH Electromagnetic Servo Controller and 1S 5A Brushed ESC Support FlySky for RC Drone - Without Telemetry

I am going to receive this receiver today!

Brand Name: AEORC

Item Name: RX346/T Receiver

Model: RX346/RX346-T (with Telemetry)

Weight: 0.5g

Size: 16*10*2.5 MM

Working Voltage : 3.0V-4.2V

Automatically match frquency

Integrated 2CH Electromagnetic Servo Controller and 1S 5A brushed ESC

Support FlySky Transmitter




I already have something like this:


The ones I had, have grooves in the female housing as well, similar to the male pins. I think it meant I can break it into the number of channels that I want.


If it fits into the holes in the receiver, I wonder if I can use them to connect the battery and the power supply to the servos.


The obvious drawback to using these connectors is the size, weight and maybe I lack the ability to do it nicely. The manufacturer have designed it for direct soldering and I am complicating things for myself.


How do I wire it up? For use as a 3-Channel receiver maybe I would disregard the Magnet servos and Ch1, Ch5 and Ch 6. Ch1 is disregarded because it is on the other side of the receiver whereas Ch 2 and Ch 4 are adjacent to each other.


Soldered at receiver: 

A) 3 male prongs for GND-, 3.0-4.2V VIN+, CH1 (PWM OUT); (solder CH1 just in case) 

B) 2 male prongs for GND- MTR, VOUT+ MTR;

C) 2 male prongs for CH2 (PWM OUT), CH4 (PWM OUT).


Soldered at each of the 2 servos: 

Signal is female pinned to plug into C,

GND-, VIN+ are male pins to connect to busbar adapter.


Soldered at the motor:

2 female. These plugs into B of the receive.


Busbar Adapter for 1s Cell 

The 1S cell will have a pair of female connectors (right in the photo below) to plug into a pair of matching male connectors (left).


In the photo above, the battery (1S cell) will come with the female connector as shown on the right. The male connector as shown on the left is usually directly soldered to the receiver. For our purpose, strip the ends of the 2 wires of the pair of male battery connectors to solder to a pair of busbar adapter.

The busbar adapter block is a pair of 3 female pins.

The wires are soldered across 3 female pins.

These female pins will supply power to receiver and 2 servos.

 

How to plug them together?

  • Plug power leads of the servos to the busbar (check polarity).
  • Plug busbar to the receiver (check polarity).
  • Plug motor to the receiver (check polarity).
  • Plug signal wires of the servos to the receiver.
  • Mount the receiver on model (because the connections will increase the height by a lot).
  • Plug 1s Cell to the busbar.

Footprint of receiver (UNCERTAIN)

Getting every connector on top of receiver

It will not be possible to plug the busbar over the receiver because the servos' power leads will be in the way.
Bending the legs of the GND- and VIN+ inwards over the receiver may not be feasible.

Getting connectors to cross over the receiver

Bend legs of the GND- and VIN+ outwards, legs of the PWM in the same direction (both will be alongside the GND- and VIN+).
Do the MTR connectors interfere? Solder on the other side of the receiver?


No comments:

Post a Comment